April 5, 2017
It’s already that time of year for Student Experience to start planning the schedules for next semester. During the month of April your Relations Manager will be contacting you to get your availability for the Summer Semester (June 1st – Aug. 31st). Please be sure to return their emails and phone calls promptly. If you have already worked out your schedule with your client(s) please be sure to let your Relations Manager know ASAP. A new semester is the perfect time to add a different type of experience to your resume, we have so many families with different diagnoses and schedules…we know we can create the perfect match for you.
Just as a friendly reminder…if you are planning to go home or on vacation for the summer before June 1st, PLEASE PLAN AHEAD for FILL INS (regardless of the reason, if you can’t make a shift please get the shift covered). The Spring Semester with Student Experience doesn’t end until May 31st, so you will be responsible for all of your scheduled shifts through that date. ANY shifts you currently have, you are responsible for finding a fill in if you’re unable to work them. Here are the steps you should take to make sure your client is taken care of:
- Check with the family: Inform the family of any dates you’re planning to be gone
- The family will then tell you whether they NEED coverage. If they do, begin working on finding a fill in IMMEDIATELY
- Contact the office and inform them of the dates you’re looking to have off so they are also aware ahead of time
- Contact your client’s current PCAs: Call, text, and email all PCAs who are currently trained to work with your client(s). See if they can trade or pick up your shift(s)
- Fill in list: If none of the current PCAs are available, and the family is ok with a non-familiar PCA, contact the office for the master fill-in list
- PLEASE COMMUNICATE TO THE FAMILY AND THE OFFICE ON HOW YOU’RE DOING WITH FINDING COVERAGE
- If you are unable to find coverage, and the client cannot go unstaffed, you will be required to work. (90% of healthcare related positions will need to work Holidays, unfortunately it comes with the territory)
As many of you know last month we welcomed Alex, our new Students Relations Manager. This month we are also welcoming Julie, our new Office Manager here in the Twin Cities. You will see her within the next few weeks as you drop off your time sheets so be sure to make her feel welcome!